Check out some active hotlines, started by people like you!
Why you should start a hotline today.
Top 6 reasons to start a hotline.
- 1 Earn credibiltiy as a knowledgeable expert.
- 2 Help people learn more about your passion.
- 3 Position yourself as a thought leader in your field.
- 4 Grow the community.
- 5 Promote yourself as an expert.
- 6 Make connections with new people interested in your topic.
“It’s a fresh way of contributing to open source projects and giving back. Hopefully it catches on with other projects.”
How does Pocket Hotline work?
Pocket Hotline is a community-powered help line about topics you care about most.
- Pick any topic you’re passionate about and sign up for free.
- Recruit like-minded volunteers to build your community.
- Manage your availability and answer calls when you want.
- Anyone can call toll-free any time a volunteer is on-call.
- Callers and fans can share their appreciation in the tip jar and buy minutes.
How do I pick a topic?
- What do friends constantly ask you about?
- What are you passionate about?
- What are your hobbies?
- What do you want to know more about?
- Check out some other hotlines.
But I’m not qualified to do this, am I?!
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- Do you have knowledge to share?
- Have you made mistakes and want to help others not do the same thing?
How do I recruit volunteers?
- Who do you know that is an expert on your topic?
- Are there local meet-ups or clubs on your topic?
- Who do you ask when you have a question?
- Who likes to give back to the community?
“Finally got to use @railshotline. What a GREAT service. Free Rails help! Rails community Rocks! Thanks for the help, @liveh2o”
Who pays for the hotline?
Pocket Hotline is powered by the community. There’s no fee to call. Zip. Zero. Zilch.
Thrilled callers who receive great advice can show their appreciation by leaving a little somthing-something in your tip jar to buy more hotline minutes.
The first two hours are on us, but we make it easy for anyone can contribute!
Start a Hotline Now